Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: coolant issues on 08 grand caravan

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 10:53 AM
Chris B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy coolant issues on 08 grand caravan

This year I had the valve cover and intake gaskets replaced by the dealership under extended protection plan. While on vacation had to replace the heater hose assembly off the back of the thermostat housing. I have a new puddle at the front of the van near the driver side tire. I cleaned everything up. All fans are fine. never overheats and found that none of the hoses were leaking and the housing on the radiator that I thought was cracked had no leak. after about 30 min still no over heating but oberved the coolant was backing up in the reservoir and it went from 2 in below high line to about 2 inches over. So i have concluded it is over flowing from the reservoir. squeaking the upper hose, it would not get tight but would not colapse, it felt like coolant was flowing but in spurts. could it be the water pump turbines not pushing enough coolant or the thermostat sticking? I have also been told the check valve between tank and radiator some times fails. Radiator was is always full and the coolant looks clean. Any suggestions.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: coolant issues on 08 grand caravan