Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: '08 3.3 running rough intermittently with ABS lights coming on

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 10:35 PM
fvm2000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '08 3.3 running rough intermittently with ABS lights coming on

Hi folks !

My buddy who takes care of my cars is away for a couple weeks and I don't feel like getting raped by the dealers, so hoping to get some advice here.

On new year's day my van started misbehaving: On the highway, driving about 110 km/h on dry pavement, the van started running rough (like the engine was misfiring irregularly). Not enough for the van to slow down noticably, but enough for my wife to wake up and ask me what was going on. After about 30 seconds of this behaviour, it stopped and three amber caution lights lit up in the dash: ESP/BAS, ABS and anti-skid. After about two minutes, the lights went out. The same thing happened again today. Same speed, but really crappy road conditions, and it happened three times in the space of one hour. Each time the lights came on and went out again after a couple of minutes.

This hasn't happened at slower speeds (yet).

I don't have an OBD scanner, so I can't get into the PCM to see if any error codes have been generated.

Perhaps I'm reaching, but anyone ever see this before ?

Old 01-04-2016, 08:07 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

An OBD scanner wont help with those codes, only if the check engine light is on. Check the ABS sensors at the wheels.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: '08 3.3 running rough intermittently with ABS lights coming on