Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: rear speaker connection harness

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 07:48 PM
gdoogle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear speaker connection harness

I need to replace the rear 6x9 speakers by the third seat of my 02 Grand Caravan Sport. Does anyone know the part number of a wiring harness adapter that plugs into the existing plug that currently plugs into the factory speakers? I ordered Metra 72-6514 for but the plug does not match.

Thanks for any help.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:17 PM
gdoogle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Metra Support says if I have the Infinity sound system or if the system is amplified, they do not have a connector for the rear speakers. How would I know if I have the Infinity system? I don't see any reference or markings on the equipment. I don't have an amplifier either (unless its buried up in the dash).

My assumption is that the since there's six wires between the head unit and the plug, and that the speaker uses a two-pin connection, the wiring harness is for a more elaborate system than what I have. I hate to do it but I thinking to cut the two wires going into the plug that get used by the two pins on the speaker, and connect them to the new speakers. Leaving the unused four wires attached the plug that I won't be using anymore.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:21 PM
offgas
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do it! Your van is 14 years old and is not a matching numbers classic. Phase your new speakers the same as your old ones when you attach wires.,...offgas

Last edited by offgas; 02-02-2016 at 12:23 PM.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: rear speaker connection harness