Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: P2308 after intake manifold gasket repair

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 01:26 PM
Cortman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P2308 after intake manifold gasket repair

I'd better start with a full confession in case any of this affects my current problem. I decided to do the intake manifold gasket repair myself and I did a full top end gasket replacement. So far so good.

Now the problems start. Got it started and it was running very rough. Realized i had crossed the ignition wires on the back 3 cylinders. Got that straightened out but it was still running rough tho not as bad. Pulled the #6 wire off the coil in the front while it was running. NO SPARK. Pulled #4 just to be sure. That one had spark. Ow! Threw P2308 code.

Had the van idling for a minute while adding water and it died like you would have turned the key off. Replaced coil pack, but no good news. Still dead. Cranks fine, but I think it an ignition issue. It has new plugs and wires on it too. Any ideas what I did wrong?

Old 03-07-2016, 02:24 PM
Cortman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. I pinched a wire that goes to the plug into the back of the coil. Repaired that and I am back up and running again. This forum is rubbish as far as helpful advice goes. I don't think I will waste my time posting problems on here again.

Old 03-07-2016, 04:02 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sure I'd rather have 30 people throw wild guesses trying to figure out what I screwed up.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: P2308 after intake manifold gasket repair