Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: EVAP Purge Solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 09:50 AM
smelanson
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVAP Purge Solenoid

I am planning on replacing the purge solenoid on my Caravan as I am getting the Gascap error and check engine light most of the time. It sometimes goes away. I already replaced the gas cap and that did not help.

Here is my question, how do I safely remove the hoses from the old one, they have black ends and appear to have some sort of a blue clip on them?

Old 04-09-2016, 03:13 PM
offgas
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't help you with the hose removal. Mine was a 2006. They just pulled off. The electrical connector had a red locking tab. I was able to fix my evap problem by shooting a short blast of air (low pressure - about 5PSI) a couple of times in each of the valve ports. Been code-free for about 6 months now.

Old 04-10-2016, 09:19 AM
smelanson
Amateur

Originally Posted by offgas
Can't help you with the hose removal. Mine was a 2006. They just pulled off. The electrical connector had a red locking tab. I was able to fix my evap problem by shooting a short blast of air (low pressure - about 5PSI) a couple of times in each of the valve ports. Been code-free for about 6 months now.
Changed it, still have the message though, I was able to get it off using a flat screwdriver and some time

Old 04-10-2016, 11:10 AM
offgas
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you clear the code with a code reader?
If you did, and it came back, you may have a small split in hose? Especially around the service port and the PCV valve. After that, if nothing found, under the car for a complete inspection. Good Luck.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:21 PM
smelanson
Amateur

Originally Posted by offgas
Did you clear the code with a code reader?
If you did, and it came back, you may have a small split in hose? Especially around the service port and the PCV valve. After that, if nothing found, under the car for a complete inspection. Good Luck.
I did clear the code, I will have to take a closer look at the hoses

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: EVAP Purge Solenoid