Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[2nd Gen : 91-95]: help , where is the transmission ground strap located? Mahalo

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 10:12 PM
magic on maui
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question help , where is the transmission ground strap located? Mahalo

hello everybody I hello everybody I have been out of a transmission for 2 months it keeps jumping into limp mode and I finally changed the two sensors the speed sensor high-speed and low-speed have sensors and now everything I'm finding out about the three wires that were raped by dog when they knew there was an issue they could get corroded and also the ground strap so there's no codes and I'm hoping that it might just be one of those too and I'm going to leave the battery on hook for more than a day like your forums were so incredibly detailed w information about the transmissions and about the transmissions and electric solenoids.
I bought this van four months ago with 115000 Miles garage 8 months out of the Year here in Hawaii and change the transmission fluid and filter thinking it would be good preventative maintenance as I was driving it probably a lot harsher than the elderly couple that I bought it from and then all of a sudden it would crank hard down in the second and not upshift and recently I realized it was not even going into first when it was in his load just second gear I did at a bottle of Lucas transmission all the syrupy stuff and I'm afraid that that might have something but at the same time if these wires are what's doing it rather than buying the cell annoyed that I can't really afford as of yet I was really hoping to get information that might be helpful to getting this thing out of limp mode and it only happens sporadically
Bigelow hot for anybody that can help I just want to get underneath it and locate that ground strap today and maybe figure out how to reset the TCM I think it's called I thought but I can't find it after going through the threads over and over again about retraining the TCM I think it was said anyway big Aloha Magic oN Maui

Quick Reply: [2nd Gen : 91-95]: help , where is the transmission ground strap located? Mahalo