Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: transmission problem into park

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 10:09 PM
Sebastien Lavergne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission problem into park

hi
i've got a problem with my van ,my transmission make a big clunking noise and the car shaking a little bit only when i put it into park (from drive or reverse)
the car is completely stopped when i do that and brake pedal is on , it's happen only when i drive a few miles , when the transmission is warm i guess , because if i drive just 5 min , nothing happen and i noticed also my shift stick become hard to put into park , drive , reverse or neutral after driving a few miles
but if i drive on the highway even 500 miles , and i put it into park , nothing happen
i got this problem only when i drive on city (stop ,drive,stop,drive)
except that my transmission is fine , no slipping , no clunk when i drive .

i do not known if i have to worry about

thank you

Old 06-14-2016, 11:40 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebastien Lavergne
hi
i've got a problem with my van ,my transmission make a big clunking noise and the car shaking a little bit only when i put it into park (from drive or reverse)
the car is completely stopped when i do that and brake pedal is on , it's happen only when i drive a few miles , when the transmission is warm i guess , because if i drive just 5 min , nothing happen and i noticed also my shift stick become hard to put into park , drive , reverse or neutral after driving a few miles
but if i drive on the highway even 500 miles , and i put it into park , nothing happen
i got this problem only when i drive on city (stop ,drive,stop,drive)
except that my transmission is fine , no slipping , no clunk when i drive .

i do not known if i have to worry about

thank you
If you think it’s a big enough concern, I recommend bringing it to the dealer for diagnosis. Feel free to reach out if you need more help. Thanks! – Kevin T, Social Connect Team

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: transmission problem into park