Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[General]: Transmission issue.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 11:30 PM
Moh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Transmission issue.

Hi there, I have Dodge grand caravan 2013 SXT, there's an issue with transmission, it Kick when shift up especially when it shift from 1 to 2 , and I can feel it, it's not a light kick it's a little bit hard, and it kick again when it shift down some times make a noise like clunk, the car still under warranty, somebody advised me to change the transmission oil, and I did, but the issue still going on, and I took the car more than 3 times to Dodge dealer that I bought the car from them, and they always saying it's normal?, but my mechanic said it's not normal, and there's a chance the transmission will break down in the future, so I don't know what should I do? am really confuse now, Hopefully I can find help here.

Old 07-21-2016, 05:03 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Moh
Hi there, I have Dodge grand caravan 2013 SXT, there's an issue with transmission, it Kick when shift up especially when it shift from 1 to 2 , and I can feel it, it's not a light kick it's a little bit hard, and it kick again when it shift down some times make a noise like clunk, the car still under warranty, somebody advised me to change the transmission oil, and I did, but the issue still going on, and I took the car more than 3 times to Dodge dealer that I bought the car from them, and they always saying it's normal?, but my mechanic said it's not normal, and there's a chance the transmission will break down in the future, so I don't know what should I do? am really confuse now, Hopefully I can find help here.
I'd recommend bringing it to a dealer for diagnosis. Let me know if you need assistance establishing an appointment - Kevin T, Social Connect Team

Quick Reply: [General]: Transmission issue.