Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Power Steering Hose - Lower Bolt Access ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 05:04 PM
thechapper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Power Steering Hose - Lower Bolt Access ?

"DIY"er here... SCENARIO: Dickens of a time accessing the lower bolt of the high pressure power steering hose on my 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan. Need an easy way to get at it with a wrench for a quick double-check on bolt tightness. Any tips for the easiest way to access this area within the engine compartment?

To be clear, this is the bolt on the end of the high-pressure power steering hose that would be found under the driver's side feet (approximately) but, again, in the engine compartment (near the bottom, underneath, but in a real tight spot with no way to get a wrench on it from underneath). Sheesh. Been there once before when I replaced the hose the first time but it was a maze trying to fit my way down deep inside (from the top; over the engine, reaching down between the battery and the power steering reservoir). I also think I had the wiper compartment off at the time which allowed more shoulder/elbow wiggle room. Couldn't get at it at all from underneath. Goodness gracious.

All I want to do now is to see if the bolt is still tight ... I'm experiencing a tiny drip leak (again) and would sure love an easy way to get in there with a wrench. Messing up the driveway.

Thanks in advance. Checked YouTube and this very handy forum but I haven't found ANY reference to a demo or explanation on the simplest way to access this pesky out-of-reach bolt specifically. Anyway, 'sher-wood' appreciate some insights [hockey reference there]. Go Jets!

Last edited by thechapper; 09-27-2016 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Cleaning it up
Old 05-21-2018, 02:25 PM
yeorgos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crowfoot 18 mm is the tool to use for the bolt at the power steering rack. I am here trying to figure out how to get my hand in there to thread it in. Thinking I will be taking the low pressure hose off the rack to allow a little more room. This task is horrid.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Power Steering Hose - Lower Bolt Access ?