Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Location of air intake?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 10:58 PM
Whitneys90
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Location of air intake?

Hello all
I am wondering the location of the air intake on my 2007 dodge caravan. Unfortunately during hurricane matthew I drove through 2 areas of water that where higher than i thought. (To my shin and the other no higher than the bottom of my knee)

Van drove through fine. Never stalled. Drove it today and seemed fine but im worried that i may have done some damage as when i got in today it had that musty smell to it. So now im worried maybe the water was higher than I thought.
Im wondering where the intake is to try to have some idea of the chances water got inside.

Thanks

Old 10-11-2016, 12:06 AM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure of the exact location but if you open the air filter box on the far passenger side then remove the air filter you should be pretty close. Should see about a 3 inch diameter hole at the bottom that will lead you to the exact location.

Filter removal: https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2...engine/replace

Last edited by Cougar41; 10-11-2016 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:09 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Are you referring to the engine air intake or the cabin air intake? Water in the engine intake won't make your cabin smell musty. It will hydrolock your engine. The air intake for the cabin should be up around the cowl area. I suspect you got water inside the cabin through the door seals and got the carpet wet.

Old 10-12-2016, 07:33 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Are you referring to the engine air intake or the cabin air intake? Water in the engine intake won't make your cabin smell musty. It will hydrolock your engine. The air intake for the cabin should be up around the cowl area. I suspect you got water inside the cabin through the door seals and got the carpet wet.
+1 on this.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Location of air intake?