Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Hardwiring Dash Cam

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 08:35 PM
darkgiant
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardwiring Dash Cam

Hello!

I just recently picked up a 2002 Dodge Caravan Sport, and currently have an issue with the car where the top cigarette lighter aux port works, but the bottom one doesn't. Quick research online says this problem can only be done by a dealer who would reset the fuse, but I don't see why I can't access this said fuse? Would this be the equivalent to the entire fuse box under the hood of the van?

Another question, in all of my vehicles (Prius's, Carolla's, and a Charger) I have hard-wired a dash cam by simply adding a fuse-tap to an existing fuse there the normal cigarette lighter fuse goes. Since the Dodge Caravan has the fuse box under the hood, and unless there is another fuse box I am unaware of, is it pretty much impossible to hard-wire a dash cam into the car? I'd prefer to avoid dragging cables into the hood if that is the case, just figured I'd ask to confirm.

And lastly, while I brought this van for a super cheap price, it came with no manual. Online, I can only see manuals for Dodge Caravans 2004+, I am assuming I would have to buy this? Or is there another resource I can look at? I am only looking for the owners manual.

Thanks!

Old 11-17-2016, 10:31 AM
cruzer55
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might try parts counter[ MOPAR].Parts guy's can amaze you at times....Just a thought............

Old 11-18-2016, 08:43 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Check eBay for owners manuals.