Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Whinning noise in my 2002 dodge caravan

Old 11-21-2016, 10:06 AM
Cocowilliams
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whinning noise in my 2002 dodge caravan

Hi everyone I'm new here and need help. I have a 2002 Dodge caravan. There's a winning noise coming from the front passenger side. The noise is there when I crack up, put in drive, park, neutral just all the time. When I drive the noise changes with speed. We drained the power steering and put in the Lucas power steering leak stop and that didn't change anything. But there is a leak coming from somewhere according to my driveway. So what could it be. Someone told me to spray the belt and pulley with wd40 still nothing. Please help

Old 11-25-2016, 06:36 AM
TRU
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The whining noise could be the power steering pump screaming for more fluid. There's a little screen inside the power steering reservoir and could get clogged, causing the power steering pump to make the noise. Replace the reservoir (shouldn't be no more than $20). If that doesn't work then the pump might be damaged already and needs to be changed.

It could also be a bad water pump that's about to go out, like on my 03 Grand Caravan. Had the noise before and changed the water pump and that fixed it. Months later the water pump is making noise again. It's from AutoZone, so avoid them if you can.

The noise can also be coming from the alternator itself. But lets try the power steering reservoir first, flush it out and put new fluid in there at the correct level.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:19 AM
Cocowilliams
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Tru I will try it and give an update..

Search this Thread