Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: P0107, P0108, P0205, P1496 - 03 sport

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 09:42 PM
eichenberg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0107, P0108, P0205, P1496 - 03 sport

I have a 2003 caravan sport with 3.3L. Wife started car after work and said it stumbled, hesitated, then had rough idle before dying. She then restarted car and had a CEL, car ran fine. When she had to get on the gas to pass a car or take off from a light it would stumble. She made it home and when she pulled into the garage their was an order of running rich (I think, been a long time since I smelled a rich running vehicle). Anyways, any idea what needs to be fixed.

I pulled the codes and this what each says...

P0107 = MAP circuit low input
P0108 = MAP circuit high input
P0205 = Injector Circuit - Cylinder 5
P1496 = Multiple descriptions

Old 01-05-2017, 01:34 AM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All your codes point to a good chance you've been bitten by a common fault found on early 4th generation 01-07 minivans. A wire bundle routed around the back side of the engine containing fuel injector and sensor wires is mounted too close to the exhaust manifold. Exhaust heat melts insulation and they short together or break apart. As I recall it melts somewhere near the power steering pump. You'll have to remove the black harness wrap to see it. Repair or replace the harness as needed.

P1496 is a Chrysler specific code meaning 5 volt supply too low. This is the 5 volt reference voltage sent to all engine sensors from the PCM.

Last edited by Cougar41; 01-05-2017 at 01:48 AM.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:44 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Cougar41
All your codes point to a good chance you've been bitten by a common fault found on early 4th generation 01-07 minivans. A wire bundle routed around the back side of the engine containing fuel injector and sensor wires is mounted too close to the exhaust manifold. Exhaust heat melts insulation and they short together or break apart. As I recall it melts somewhere near the power steering pump. You'll have to remove the black harness wrap to see it.

+1

Old 01-05-2017, 05:57 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cougar41
All your codes point to a good chance you've been bitten by a common fault found on early 4th generation 01-07 minivans. A wire bundle routed around the back side of the engine containing fuel injector and sensor wires is mounted too close to the exhaust manifold. Exhaust heat melts insulation and they short together or break apart. As I recall it melts somewhere near the power steering pump. You'll have to remove the black harness wrap to see it. Repair or replace the harness as needed.

P1496 is a Chrysler specific code meaning 5 volt supply too low. This is the 5 volt reference voltage sent to all engine sensors from the PCM.
I agree, except I think it's near the power steering reservoir, not pump.