Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Radio Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 03:20 PM
eddie200112
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Upgrade

Hi, just bouth a lightly used 2015 Grand Caravan SXT.
I have just the basic radio with cd player but would like to upgrade to the OEM Screen with NAV and Backup camera. Is this possible and what parts would I need. I also would like to find somewhere I can buy the USB port that goes in the upper glove box as well. If not possible I will go the aftermarket route but would prefer OEM for resale value.

Thanks

Old 01-15-2017, 09:08 AM
mmountainbiker

I bought a 2013 caravan 4 years ago with standard 130 radio, no bluetooth.
I found it was WAY cheaper to buy a hi quality($600+) pioneer dvd nav head unit with blue tooth and back up camera and have it professionally installed with mods to use steering wheel audio buttons and to watch vids and program nav. while not in park.
This makes even more sense if no overhead dvd is present.
Now that I bought a new 2017SXT plus Blacktop with Nav and single DVD I still find that the pioneer sounds better and screen had better resolution than the new rhb though the newer uconnect is better integrated to the vehicle. The higher priced units would have a USB or micro SD option. If you were to go the oem route and get full functionality you would need to buy new rear mirror with mic, new buttons on front of steering wheel to answer phone and the voice recognition button which is impossible and then a trip to the dealership to activate all these features which will cost you let alone the cost of a factory head unit.

Old 07-03-2018, 11:26 PM
kruegerro
Default Radio Upgrade 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan SE+

I have a 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Plus. I'd like to upgrade the Radio Navagation to include a back up camera, and perhaps DVD. I would prefer an OEM upgrade. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Rod Krueger