Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Radiator Fan Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 10:07 PM
rjg202
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiator Fan Question

2006 Grand Caravan 3.8 185,000 miles. I had a little issue with flying ice smashing the hood and grill. They put in new AC condensor, radiator, and possibly fans. I say possibly because the condenser and radiator are new and the fan housing was cracked. I am not sure if they got a used housing or not. I asked only about the other parts. Anyway, I turned the AC on and after a few minutes the fans flip on for a short time (10 seconds) then off cycling every few minutes. I did not run the van to operating temperature, I have driven it about 300 miles since repair and have had no temperature issues. So should the fans run the complete time the AC is on?

Old 04-04-2017, 10:55 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The fans will not run all of the time when AC is on UNLESS ambient temperature and high side AC system pressure call for it. Yes, it will cycle in moderate temps.

If the gauge is not returning to normal range then you need to check things like coolant temp sensor and such to make sure they are reading correct.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:50 PM
rjg202
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I did check it when the wife came home tonight and the car was at operating temperature and with the AC on, it did stay on as expected. Before I had an issue I never paid any mind to when it went off or on. Thanks again