Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[General]: 2009 dodge grand caravan sxt 4.0L

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 07:31 PM
Cassie Lee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My van is jolting when I try to hold any kind of speed. I have had the van reprogrammed, transmission rebuilt and still have the jolt. Could the Evac canister have anything to do with issue? Does any one have any ideas?

My van is jolting when I try to hold any kind of speed. I have had the van reprogrammed, transmission rebuilt and still have the jolt. Could the Evac canister have anything to do with issue? Does any one have any ideas?

Last edited by jkeaton; 05-26-2017 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:52 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Last tune up? How many miles? Checked for stored codes?

Old 05-26-2017, 11:48 AM
Cassie Lee

I will be doing a tuneup soon. The deal ship only said the Evac Canister was bad, I am not sure if a code told them that or not, but, they didn't say anything about any codes.

Last edited by Cassie Lee; 05-26-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:03 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

not enough info to say.
an evap leak will not cause a problem. a evap purge leak may cause a rough idle but nothing at speed.

a engine misfire would feel like a jolt but the check engine light would illuminate and misfire dtc would be set.

torque convertor clutch application can cause a jolt like condition when the tcc is applying but should not be present when it fully locks up at cruise

Old 05-26-2017, 12:31 PM
Cassie Lee

the dealer ship also said that the gas cap was leak to. I will get a tune up and see if that will fix it. If that doesn't work is there any other ideas that would make the van do this?