Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2017 Dodge Caravan SE - How to disable DRL?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 12:13 PM
jcoug13
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2017 Dodge Caravan SE - How to disable DRL?

I've been to the dealer many times, the tech even shows me the screen once hooked up to the WiTech....does anyone know where the option is to turn OFF the DRL?

Tech even used the old StarScan as I requested....nowhere to be found.

Tech also changed country code to Canada at my request (like I've read on other sites) but we can't find the option to turn off the DRL.

Please, please, please someone tell me where they are hiding it.

Old 08-07-2017, 05:11 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no idea other than to cut the wire that powers them. Why do you want them off?

Old 08-10-2017, 06:31 AM
jcoug13

Cutting the wire would mean no high beams, since they are on the same feed.

Anyway, I wanted to share the solution to anyone else in this situation (and there are a ton)....I contacted Dodge and was told the dealership would have to contact "STAR", which is a service provided to dealers (not consumers) for situations where they are stuck. The "STAR" team is an advanced group of techs/engineers according to my technician at the dealership. They called me back to the dealer and did connected my vehicle to the WiTech....they then did a "system restore" and let my vehicle sit for 20 minutes. They then downloaded my vehicle configuration by my VIN# and my DRL were now off. The "STAR" service obviously changed something in my vehicle configuration (DRL option), which when downloaded turned them off. Interestingly, my tech still did NOT have to the option to toggle them on/off. I know this for a fact because he allowed me to stand beside him the entire time I was there looking at his computer screen.

I really don't know why Dodge would make this feature so difficult to turn on and off, especially when the higher Caravan model have the option to turn them on/off right from the touch screen!!!!!!!!!!! BIZARRE!!

Happy it's fixed.

Old 08-10-2017, 07:40 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

I turned mine off through the EVIC. There is a setting for DRL's on or off.

Old 08-10-2017, 08:07 AM
jcoug13

Originally Posted by jkeaton
I turned mine off through the EVIC. There is a setting for DRL's on or off.
Not sure if you caught it in my post, but the SE model does NOT have that option in the EVIC....the higher models do...so of course you did it through the EVIC.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:22 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guess if you pay the money you have more options. So true for many things. But at least you met your goal of being less visible during day light ours.

Last edited by Cougar41; 08-18-2017 at 07:24 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:12 PM
jcoug13

Originally Posted by Cougar41
Guess if you pay the money you have more options. So true for many things. But at least you met your goal of being less visible during day light ours.
Well actually, the goal IS to be less visible since I'm working to keep your (and everyone else's) insurance premiums down. Cost wasn't the deciding factor, the interior layout was the deciding factor in purchasing the SE model since the higher models have the "super console" making it impossible to perform my job.

The solution is to have your dealership contact the "STAR" program, which is a special group of engineers/high level techs, who will reprogram your vehicle's configuration, which can them be reflashed at your dealership in less than 30 minutes.

Thanks!

The following users liked this post:
watergate528 (01-27-2022)