Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Growling noise when decelerating 15mph to 0

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 05:28 PM
Pdeblaey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Growling noise when decelerating 15mph to 0

Hello All,

I am new to the forum but thanks for the help in the past.

I am having a growling noise coming from what sounds like the center of the engine compartment. There is a slight vibration felt in the peddle. Can be heard slightly outside of the van. It only happens after engine is warm/hot. When I brake from a less than 35 mph it will growl starting at about 15 mph and done to 0. Here's some other details;

vehicle has 92,000 miles
Engine replaced at 84,500 (Dodge reman thank you Monro)
New pads, rotors, and hardware/pins lubed all steel on steel (thought that was the issue)
Have checked all around wheel well area and engine compartment for any rubbing hoses etc.
Tires are fairly new with no bad belts
Alignment is good

Otherwise the van brakes and stops smoothly, without any noise vibration, and tracks straight under hard or soft braking. Not sure what else to look for or at, any ideas would be great

Thanks in advance

Old 09-19-2017, 04:24 AM
Pdeblaey

Just Bumping to get this back up there. I'm still clueless what the issue can be. Not getting better or worse... Thought someone would at least take a stumbling guess.....lol

Last edited by Pdeblaey; 09-28-2017 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:23 PM
akish44270

Did you ever find the problem? I have the same issue. Mine sounds like it favors the driver's side. I replaced all the brake components and the drivers side hub. I am afraid its an internal trans noise or maybe the cv axle? idk