Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: '14 with new tpms, causing issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 10:21 AM
J Wikoff
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '14 with new tpms, causing issues

I put new wheels/tires/TPMS on our van this weekend. They came as a mounted package from CarID. The tire light blinks after starting the van, then stays solid after a minute, and there's a constant message to service the TPMS system I drove the van a few times for about 20 minutes and the behavior didn't change. I left the van in the driveway, a good 40 feet from the old set & original TPMS to avoid confusing it, unhooked the battery for almost an hour, then went for a 45 minute highway drive but it didn't help. After the drive, I let air out of each tire, one at a time and watched the pressure readout in the DIC. The rear two acted fine. The front two appear to be assigned to the wrong side. The readouts changed like they should have, but for the opposite side. What can I try to fix this? I can swap the fronts around, but I have a feeling there is some other issue.

It's a 2014 Town & Country Touring L, BTW.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:34 AM
J Wikoff
Rookie

So last night, I pulled the TPMS/etc fuse and left the van keyed on until it timed out. Then cycled the power again before putting the fuse back in, the letting it sit keyed on again. The wife drove it this morning and the tire light went away. The service engine light was on though. I'll figure that out after work. But I think that might have done the trick.

Old 03-27-2018, 02:31 PM
J Wikoff
Rookie

Update:
These aftermarket TPMS from CarID got progressively worse about causing error codes to the point that the TPMS light was always on, and would come on within a couple minutes of clearing the codes. I bought a scan tool capable of scanning and clearing TPMS codes, as well as doing an instant relearn (Autel 501, if you're curious). It kept getting multiple "unknown sensor position" codes. I pulled the original TPMS out of the old wheels and installed them myself into the new wheels and did a relearn VIA scan tool and all has been well since. CarID has agreed to refund me for the sensors.