Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: 1997 caravan 3.0l runs rough sometimes

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 04:54 AM
realdeal222
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 caravan 3.0l runs rough sometimes

I have a 1997 3.0l caravan that we have owned for a long time, it has almost 200,000 miles on it,was running fair for something that old, until a week or so ago.
Last week it started to run very rough , check the obd2 codes had a multiple cyl misfire code a a p0206 injector circuit open code.
I pulled the distributor sanded the carbon build up off the contacts of the cap , cleared the codes , warmed it up for 10 min or so,test drove it ,no codes ran very good.
Next day , my wife warmed it up, took off with it, and she stated that it ran awful for awhile, 15 to 20 minutes, then the rest of the day it ran good, she says.
The van has a few things it does from time to time, not sure if related to this problem so i will mention them.
speedometer sometimes quits working for no apparent reason, then comes back on,when this happens it does not seem to run as good as it should, and the cruise does not work.
I do not want to just start swapping parts, so I am looking for answers and where to start troubleshooting. Injectors are fairly costly at apx 60 $ each.
thanks

Old 07-05-2021, 03:40 AM
TRWhyman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like a sensor problem, i would replace both input and output transmission sensors.

Quick Reply: [3rd Gen : 96-00]: 1997 caravan 3.0l runs rough sometimes