Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Steering wheel controls and horn stopped working!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 05:47 PM
17grandcaravandriver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Steering wheel controls and horn stopped working!!!

I recently joined here because I just bought a 2017 Grand Caravan. I have found this site to be very informative. The reason for this post is actually for my 2015 Chrysler Town and Country. I figured I could find some answers here given that they are basically identical vans. Yesterday the steering wheel controls and horn stopped working. The cruise control is the only thing on the steering wheel that still works. I've checked fuses and can't find anything blown. Any ideas? I've read about the clock spring, but I would think I would have warning lights and or the cruise would not work if that were the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The following users liked this post:
Camden Nash (12-01-2019)
Old 03-22-2018, 01:34 PM
Tstates
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Answers

Originally Posted by 17grandcaravandriver
I recently joined here because I just bought a 2017 Grand Caravan. I have found this site to be very informative. The reason for this post is actually for my 2015 Chrysler Town and Country. I figured I could find some answers here given that they are basically identical vans. Yesterday the steering wheel controls and horn stopped working. The cruise control is the only thing on the steering wheel that still works. I've checked fuses and can't find anything blown. Any ideas? I've read about the clock spring, but I would think I would have warning lights and or the cruise would not work if that were the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Any answers on this issue? My 2014 Grand Caravan SXT went into the dealer to have a repair done on the wiring harness under the dash between the WIN and TIPM. I now have the same symptoms;
No steering wheel controls work except cruise control
horn is inop but does sound when locked with the FOBIK
Interior dome lights aren't working at all
However I do not have an airbag light on, which leads me to believe that the clock spring may be fine. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 03-22-2018, 07:12 PM
17grandcaravandriver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Problem solved

It was the clockspring. I had my mechanic do it, not the dealership. Part was expensive but total job including part was just under $500. Everything works fine with no issues.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:40 PM
Tstates
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Glad you got out if it for that cheap. Seems like the clockspring is commonly the issue behind these symptoms. Turns out in my case it was fuse M1, just a 15amp fuse...replaced it and all systems are go again.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Steering wheel controls and horn stopped working!!!