Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Grand Caravan Door Locks

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 12:13 PM
Anizami
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grand Caravan Door Locks

Hi there. I have a few problems with my 2009 Grand Caravan. Would like some insights on how to get it fixed.

1. The power lock button on driver side doesnt work. The unlock works. The passenger side buttons work. What needs to be fixed here?
2. The lock on the passenger side doesnt work using the buttons. It has to pressed down manually to lock, and for unlock i use the button and then pull the handle to open the door and the lock slides up. Does it need a new actuator?
3. The handle on the passenger side rear door of the van broke when the doors froze. I pulled too hard and the handle became lose and now come out too far from its assembly. Is there a way to fix this. does it need a new handle assembly and can i do it myself?

thanks for the advice in advance.

A

Old 08-19-2018, 08:30 PM
dscharoun
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation The power lock button on driver side doesnt work. The unlock works. The passenger sid

I have the same problem with two (2) 2011 Grand Caravans. Midas "repaired" the driver's side window motor on one of the vehicles, and replaced most of the internal door parts on the second vehicle, and now I have the same problem that you had on both of my vehicles. Midas said I might have to have the computer "flashed" at the dealer but I have gone that route yet.Any information would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

Dave

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Grand Caravan Door Locks