Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: 1999 Dodge Caravan Can't Get Up To Speed

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 08:17 PM
Arsenul
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Dodge Caravan Can't Get Up To Speed

So I don't know if it's because she drove slow (which she did) or there was problems getting up to speed, but often once getting on the highway, the best we could do was 60mph (from looking over at the passengers side). Seemed like we couldn't get up to speed so I would ask my mother about why. She confirmed that there was trouble with it getting up to speed in the past. Now that this vehicle is mine, I want to know why. I will be making trips on the highway in the future to go to some winter camping events, and I need to be able to drive the correct speed. Does anyone know of a reason this could be happening? I will most likely look at every option you post and deal with it. I do know that the fluids will be flushed that need it, filters replaced, fuses replaced, and more. But I have to assume there is a other reason behind it than those I listed. Any thoughts? Ask any question and I'll answer it to the best of my ability.

3.0 Liter V6 Engine

Quick Reply: [3rd Gen : 96-00]: 1999 Dodge Caravan Can't Get Up To Speed