Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: Brake Line Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 07:23 AM
Arsenul
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Line Replacement

So we got the van's serpentine belt on and it works it seems. There are still problems with it which I hope to get fixed soon. One I think is the brake lines. I think this because near the tire I saw liquid leaking. My mom drove it to her place today and also mentioned the brakes were stiff as well. I do plan on flushing the brake fluid and someday replacing them, but I feel like the brake line needs replacing. Does it take much to do that? What are your thoughts and suggestions on the matter?

Old 01-29-2018, 07:55 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Depends on which lines you are replacing. Some require removal of other parts to get to, some dont. I would figure out which one is leaking and fix/replace that one first. Driving around with leaking brake lines is a recipe for disaster.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:01 AM
Arsenul
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea the drivers side front one is where I saw the leak. I see it's hard to work with but better in the long run so might go stainless steel.

Quick Reply: [3rd Gen : 96-00]: Brake Line Replacement