Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2014 dodge caravan key fob not responding

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 11:53 PM
ajanzen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 dodge caravan key fob not responding

So I'm a bit stumped, all of a sudden my key fob wouldn't work this morning on my dodge 2014 grand caravan. Used the emergency key you can pull out to unlock the doors but it won't work to start the van (I was never given the service key either when I bought the van). The van won't respond at all the key fob at all. I don't have a dealership in town and the closest one is a expensive ferry trip away. Intererior lights, headlights etc are working so it's not like the battery is dead. Any ideas on what to try? Of course I can't find my spare fob either, so that's not an option.

Old 03-13-2018, 07:39 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

The battery can still have enough juice to power lights but not enough to start the engine. Try to get a jump start.

Old 03-13-2018, 10:42 AM
ajanzen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did, and it didn't work. It's like the programming got erased off my key . I recently had some work done and the only other thing we could think of is somehow the security system got messed with, maybe some wiring connection came loose? It's like the van is immobilised

Last edited by ajanzen; 03-13-2018 at 02:09 PM. Reason: rewording

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2014 dodge caravan key fob not responding