Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 08 Grand Caravan Power Window

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 05:48 PM
syc06669
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Grand Caravan Power Window

So yesterday morning my windows worked fine, then in the afternoon i went to get coffee and the button for my window just buzzed when i tried to put it down, the passenger window goes down slowly but needs help to go back up. i took apart the switch and cleaned every connection and no change. I'm trying to find a wiring diagram so i can bypass the switch to see if its the motor or the switch before i start throwing money at it. I'm pretty good at fixing my own stuff I just can't find a diagram that doesn't require me to buy it or pay for a subscription.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if this question has already been solved I couldn't find it so sorry for a double post.

Old 04-08-2018, 07:18 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can find free wiring diagrams here: http://www.bbbind.com/tech_database.html

Old 04-22-2018, 12:13 PM
syc06669
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, found where the problem is but now I'm at a stand still. with the door open everything works but closed it cuts out everything in the drivers door. if i open the door and move the harness going from the door into the van it all cuts out again. my thought is a connection at that point but am unsure how to remove the rubber cover to get at the wires and possible connection.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 08 Grand Caravan Power Window