Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Battery Drain HDZ fuse Caravan 2001

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 01:48 PM
Alex1986
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Drain HDZ fuse Caravan 2001

Hi everyone, I am having trouble with a drain of my battery. I checked my battery and it is ok, I check with a new battery and I am still having the dead battery after one day or 2 days of not using the car. I test with a multimeter the drain and I am getting .87 amp, almost an amp. I review fuse by fuse and the fuse HDZ or hazard fuse is the problem, according with the manual and the diagram on it is the fuse #24. I read some causes of this issue like it could be the ignition switch or it could be Body Control Module or the Cluster. I disconnected the cluster and the drain get lower to .37 that I understand that is still high for a car. I checked my switch and realize that I can remove the key in any position and that when I go all the way down with the key (supose OFF position) I can still roll down my power windows that 2 things supose not to happen. So now I do not know where exactly is my problem and how to fix it. Seems to be a common issue since many people have that issue but I can't get to the source of my problem. Is there any idea you guys can share with me? Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Battery Drain HDZ fuse Caravan 2001