Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Lifetime Warranty Value on a totaled 2008 Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 09:37 PM
fwaneil
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifetime Warranty Value on a totaled 2008 Caravan

My 2008 Caravan (only owner) was involved in an accident on 4/17/18 and it has been declared a total loss, the value of the repairs was over 70% of the value of the van. I purchased the Lifetime Maxcare with a $50 deducible when I purchased the van in March of 2009. I also have the lifetime power train warranty that I received with the van. Insurance is claiming the warranty has no value, but I believe it has value to me because the money they are offering me will not purchase another 2008 that I can add a warranty that will cover it. Has anyone else been faced with this situation? I not certain of any injuries at this point, but I am a little bitter about this situation. Insurance (State Farm) is offering me a moderate retail price for the van, but nothing for the Service Contracts at this point. The value of my service contracts, in my opinion is $3,000 because that is what it would cost me to add that to a new (within factory warranty Chrysler vehicle)
Anyone able to help me argue my point or have a legal reference I can use?

Old 04-29-2018, 07:37 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Call the warranty company and ask them. That would be my first choice. There should be a number on warranty paperwork. They would know more then anyone else.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Lifetime Warranty Value on a totaled 2008 Caravan