Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Sliding Doors - Will not open by buttons or remote.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 12:08 PM
jrrichards
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Sliding Doors - Will not open by buttons or remote.

Hi everyone! I have looked through the forum with various door issues but I don't see solutions (forgive me for my ignorance). I just purchased a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. When we purchase it I forgot to check to see if the sliding door worked. When I arrived home I noticed it right away because we have kids at home. I made sure the console lock was off. They do not open using the console buttons, pillar buttons or the remote buttons (both sliders). The door locks work and the power windows work on the sliders. I thought there might be a fuse or something like that? I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to troubleshoot the issue or provide a solution. There seems to be a lot of issues with these doors. I have read about the track wiring cracking, is it common for the sliding both doors to have this issue? I am not familiar with the history of the van so maybe they went at different times. Besides a junk yard would anyone have a suggestion of where to buy interior parts that are missing or broken? For instance a front window visor clip? Please let me know what you think. Thanks for reading my request.

Old 04-30-2018, 12:40 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Take it back to whoever you bought it from and have them fix it.

Old 04-30-2018, 02:35 PM
jrrichards
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sold as is, sorry....

I tried that route and the response was you purchased as is. We had looked at a number of Caravans that day and overlooked checking the sliding doors. We never had problems on our previous van so it wasn't a problem I was looking for

Old 04-30-2018, 03:34 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Check the fuses. Should be listed in the owners manual or on the lid of the fuse box. Check ebay for the parts you mentioned.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Sliding Doors - Will not open by buttons or remote.