Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Wire blunder

Old 05-11-2018, 03:19 PM
Atrious
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wire blunder

There are two parts to my post so Ill tell the whole story. I have a 2014 caravan and the check engine light came on. I didmt notice anything unusual about the ride. I just got gas a few miles back. I have just over 61000 miles. The code came up as P0306. Came home to check the plugs to see if they are clean. During my dismantling I pulled a wire from a harness. I will try and attach a picture but if I cannot it is the wire that goes into the harness on the driver side front head. The harness appears to plug in on a metal tab that could just be grounds. There are only two wires. Ill try to attach the photo. I cant find the part to order. Anyone have an idea?

Also, do you think I should just replace the plugs or plugs\coil or try something else?

Old 05-11-2018, 03:47 PM
MartySzy1
Amateur

P0306 is cylinder 6 misfire is that the cylinder 6 fuel injector plug? Looks like a sensor plug from here. Check cyl 6 plug and plug wire then cyl 6 injector harness maybe you get lucky

Old 05-11-2018, 05:02 PM
Atrious

Originally Posted by MartySzy1
P0306 is cylinder 6 misfire is that the cylinder 6 fuel injector plug? Looks like a sensor plug from here. Check cyl 6 plug and plug wire then cyl 6 injector harness maybe you get lucky

I know that it is not causing the engine light as I did it while taking off the wire bracket above the said wire in order to check the plugs and wires. I also don't think its the injector wire as it goes into at least what appears to be a metal tab or bracket onto the head. I just wish I knew what it was called to order a new one. Like, "emissions grounding unit" or something. It looks like the wire is attached to all of the intake sensors.

The first picture I am holding the broken wire and it show going into the wrap with the tag on it

In The second picture is where the harness plugs into on the side of the head.

Old 05-11-2018, 05:28 PM
Atrious
Default found one end

I found that it is an Ignition capacitor. However I cannot find the other side, only the side I don’t need.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Wire blunder