Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: caravan no a/c in front

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 08:28 AM
BillA.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default caravan no a/c in front

New to the forum and hoping to get some advice. I have had my 2000 caravan for a couple years now and have used it mostly as a second vehicle for short hops here and there. My plan was to give it to my son because he has a couple of kids now even though he doesn't want to admit he is going to need it in his future.

So as I have been going through tune up, maintenance, etc. I noticed the front a/c is not working. I first tried a blend door calibration after seeing a youtube video showing a test to see if the actuators were working or not. Then I found this forum and seen posts whereas not to operate blend door actuators while not on the module. Wow, big mistake as now it fails the calibration reset procedure. The good part is the recirculation actuator was bad so I replaced it. The blend door motors are working and do seem to be fine as it goes through its sequence.

Is there a simple way to fix this or do I need to use volt meters and get the actuators to the proper voltages to properly calibrate?

Also getting to the original problem which was having no air conditioning in the front. It only blows warm air. Could this be a blend door or a expansion valve problem? The rear air is blowing cold air which leads me to believe it is not a freon or evaporator issue. Although I could be wrong again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Quick Reply: [3rd Gen : 96-00]: caravan no a/c in front