Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[2nd Gen : 91-95]: CV Joint or Motor Mount?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 01:13 PM
Scott Ouimet
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CV Joint or Motor Mount?

My 93 3.0 Caravan has a vibration on acceleration. Sometimes it's worse than others and sometimes it's barely noticeable. I just replaced the Power Steering Pump, Rack & Pinion, and both lines. I did the wheel bearing hubs not long ago. I know the struts aren't too good but they aren't horrible. The tie rod ends are shot tho. (Weren't too bad but after changing the rack they became super loose.) I was going to do the Struts and Tie Rod Ends next, but everything I've read on here and other places makes me believe it's either the CV Joints or a Motor Mount. Leaning toward Motor Mount because I don't have any clicking, popping, or grinding that normally comes along with a bad CV Joint.

What I'm asking is to know how to test the motor mounts or CV Joints in a way that will tell me which s the cause of the vibration or if the vibration is even being caused by either.

Thanks in advance for all replys, it's appreciated.
Scott

Quick Reply: [2nd Gen : 91-95]: CV Joint or Motor Mount?