Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Catalytic Covertor

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 10:20 PM
lilmema
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catalytic Covertor

I have a 2009 Doge Caravan 3rd Generation Can someone tell me how the truck would run if the Catalytic Convertor was plugged! It runs Rough! And I mean Rough! Has a Funny Smell to the Exhaust Fumes! Any Suggestions would be Highly Appreciated! Thanks

Last edited by lilmema; 07-27-2018 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:35 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

might run ok at idle but when accelerated...the exhaust flow would back up and cause misfires...no power.

one way to rule out a clogged convertor is to remove the precat 02 sensors from the exhaust allowing the exhaust to bypass the convertor out the sensor hole.
or install a pressure gauge in the o2 sensor hole and check for high backpressure when revved up and held at higher rpm
or vacuum gauge on the intake manifold vac port is another method...rev it up and watch for slow response to a snap throttle

Old 07-28-2018, 12:39 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you have a Caravan then it isn't a truck, it's a minivan. You might try here for better responses and visibility: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-caravan-23/

Quick Reply: Catalytic Covertor