Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[2nd Gen : 91-95]: 2nd gen A/C wiring diagram wanted

Old 08-09-2018, 02:04 PM
MartySzy1
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd gen A/C wiring diagram wanted

Hey Its summer kids and the a/c in the 94 GC AWD, which just got a new sticker after I bent up new steel rocker panels to seal her up, is having a/c issues in this 90+ heat. Was working a month ago then serp belt unraveled and clogged the compressor clutch plate so I took that off and cleaned it and it worked ok but now no compressor cut in at all. One lead shows 12v the other .06 v I unplugged the compressor harness and put 12 on it and it actuates and cools. The refrigerant level is good I swapped relays in the relay and fuse box but not sure which relay by the battery is the clutch relay if its there. I put a switch inside the passenger compartment to turn the fan on and I dont remember how I did it but I need to wire it back to oe because its tripping the fuse in the engine compartment box. I had to pull the remote entry relays and receiver a few months ago because there was a short somewhere and it would be dead every morning so the electrical gremlins are playing with it its my work vehicle and it starts and runs fine and is a beast in snow. New brake drums tomorrow though. So any suggestions as to replacing sensors or maybe I need a full system flush I had an 87 Suburban that flushed black stuff years ago. Also the plenum door for the straight level setting snaps shut after the second speed setting Its a pita to get at the actuator. Diagrams pictures or what to hit with a rock appreciated!

Old 08-09-2018, 07:25 PM
MartySzy1
Amateur

Unwired the remote fan switch turned the a/c on and unplugged all the sensors one by one and they all slowed the fan and rpm down. Checked the relay that clicks when inserted and a/c on. Tried the pin 87 to pin 30 jump no compressor still. I think h tt I will take power off the 87 pin of the relay unplug the compressor and wire white to 87 black to ground and see what happens. No matter what I try it blows the fan fuse so I gotta go get some more of those.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:15 PM
MartySzy1
Amateur

Found the a/c circuit diagram and it shows a diode at the connector for the compressor. Connector lower half is underneath and the whole area needs to be degreased because there is a slight oil leak that has got the whole undermotor wet although it only leaks a couple of drops when hot and is acceptable at this point if its the crank seal I would have to cut the inside of the firewall to access it maybe I will take it to the carwash and clean it off then maybe I can tell where the leak is coming from. Anyone out there have anything to add or are there no 94 AWD's left on the road?

Old 08-21-2018, 04:49 PM
MartySzy1
Amateur

So if I jump the black wire on the compressor to ground it comes on and goes off and has a full charge but doesnt cool at all. Compressor gone or system needs flush?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [2nd Gen : 91-95]: 2nd gen A/C wiring diagram wanted