Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: IM readiness STILL not reset after over 400 miles!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 12:44 PM
R Sabian
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool IM readiness STILL not reset after over 400 miles!

I have a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan that I don't drive very often. DMV says I have to get a smog check, but the car sat idle too long and the battery died. I went through this once before with a 2006 Caravan, and I know it took a long time for the CAT and O2 sensors to reset in the computer, but I've driven the '05 over 400 miles, and it STILL hasn't reset. I've tried several recommended drive cycles, and none of them have worked. The car has around 148,000 miles on it, and passed a smog check less than two years ago. It would probably still pass now, but without the IM ready state showing, they won't give me a certificate. Is it normal to take over 400 miles to become IM ready, or do I possibly need a new CAT or O2 sensor? I know if I take it to a dealer, they're going to try to sell me both, whether I really need them or not. My scanner just says "inc" for both tests. Is it possible that there's something wrong with the O2 sensor or the CAT that will never reset without replacement, and it's not telling me that? I just saw a YouTube where another guy with a Caravan took 400 miles to reset, but I'm at around 450 miles since I recharged the battery, and I'm driving it almost every day now.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: IM readiness STILL not reset after over 400 miles!