Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 2006 Grand Caravan Code Issue for 0622

Old 09-13-2018, 09:44 PM
T.N. Edwards
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Grand Caravan Code Issue for 0622

I just got done about 2 weeks ago installing a remanufactured alternator and NEW battery in the family 2006 Grand Caravan SXT with 3.8-V6. It was slowly losing the voltage regulator in it since June when we went up to the Rockie Mountains in Colorado. It has about 186,000 miles on the engine, too. I followed the book and a YouTube install video including removing the passenger fender well plastic to get to the alternator since it was it's inner voltage regulator that went out. It was almost a 4 hour install with all tested. Put new battery in since old one got fried, too. Now that we got it all together that day, it throws a battery charge light and I pulled up the code via the 3-click key method of P-0622. I went back and disconnected and then reconnected the only 2 wires to the alternator, and still getting the issue. Voltage tested the battery connections and it was low at first at 9 volts, then it went up to 12. So unless I have a bad connection yet on the alternator, where else could I be missing? Did the old alternator fry a sensor or PCM from the engine? I did drive it home from my folks shop by the way, so it was road drivable. I need to get this fixed soon as wife's car just ate a steel rod through the windshield today.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 2006 Grand Caravan Code Issue for 0622