Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2011 grand caravan starting issue. Please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 12:39 PM
Christ83189
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 grand caravan starting issue. Please help

So a little background here. Im new here. The van is my wife's. Im currently in the early stages of an automotive tech program and ive done my fair share of wrenching but dont have a lot of diagnosing experience with starting issues or electrical issues. So heres whats happening. Sometimes when shes driving all the warning lights come on and it drives funky. If this happens, when you shut it off it wont start again. Let it sit for a while and it starts and drives fine. Sometimes in the morning it wont start but if you turn the key over and over again usually it starts after a few tries. Sometimes it just wont start for quite a while though. Weve taken it back to the dealership and they said at first was an alternator which i called bs on then they took it back and couldnt figure it out. Anyone have any ideas on things i can check out?

Old 10-03-2018, 03:02 PM
bondtwine
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be the TIPM. it went out on my 2011. took the dealership three times to figure it out.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:35 PM
GumbyRT
Captain
Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

Have you pulled any codes? If so, what were they?

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2011 grand caravan starting issue. Please help