Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Dodge Caravan Aftermarket Power Window Switch Intall Help

Old 10-02-2018, 11:45 AM
Danny1976
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Caravan Aftermarket Power Window Switch Intall Help

I had a Universal Power Window System installed many years ago on my 2003 Dodge Caravan. Motor went bad on one door & switch went bad also. I got something off Amazon and I replaced the motors, but I cant figure how to swap the old switched with the new ones without having to rewire it. The motor I just swapped and use the wiring already there.

I wanted to do the same with the switches by just using the wiring there and with the new switch. The problem is.. there is one more wire on the old switches than the new one and the colors are not the same. Any advice if its possible to swap the switches by using the old wiring?

The power windows work with the car off and if I roll the driver side window with the car off the ignition goes into the on position without the key inside. I had this system installed by a company long ago. I dont have a problem with the way its wired, but I am not sure it it will cause any problems.

https://imgur.com/a/6shUoqL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Dodge Caravan Aftermarket Power Window Switch Intall Help