Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: '15 Caravan Limp Mode Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 03:44 PM
Brian Cultice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation '15 Caravan Limp Mode Problems

I have a 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan with around 200k miles. A few months back I was driving on the highway and the van went into limp mode, I've had this problem with a few other vehicles so I knew what to do and how to get it back to my shop. I had my mechanic take a look at it and he said the oil was very low and that there was a problem with the timing. We had already replaced the timing set once, about 50k miles before. Long story short, the timing set had to be replaced again. Everything was put back together and now I'm still having a limp mode problem. When using the scan tool, it pulled codes P06DE and P0760. I have replaced the oil pressure sensor, oil cooler and filter tube, code P06DE, but the code still pops. The P0760, shift solenoid C, seems to only pop when the van enters limp mode. I have had no problems with the transmission to this point. I have also done a fresh oil change, transmission fluid flush and reflashed the PCM. I'm at a loss for what else to do.

My questions are:
1. Will the oil pressure sensor problem trigger limp mode?
2. Is the limp mode what is triggering the P0760 code?
3. Why am I still getting an oil pressure sensor code after replacing the sensor?
4. Next step oil pump?

I'm sick of throwing money at the problem, but I still owe money on the van and need to get it up and going.

I'm new to the forum, I'd appreciate any help or advice you may have. Thanks!

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: '15 Caravan Limp Mode Problems