Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Passenger Sliding Door Not Locking Remotely

Old 11-05-2018, 01:31 AM
JammieDodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Sliding Door Not Locking Remotely

Just recently purchased a 2017 Grand Caravan GT. Noticed that the passenger side sliding door will only lock with the manual switch on the door. Using the fob or driver door controls does not lock the door. All other doors lock using these methods. Will this require a new actuator? The vehicle is still under factory warranty - anyone know if this is covered?

Old 11-05-2018, 10:05 AM
GumbyRT
Captain
Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

It could be the actuator or it could be the wiring for the actuator.

As to whether or not it’s under warranty is a different story. Being that it’s new(ish) I think it would be, but it depends on what coverage it had on the original date of purchase.

Your best option is going to be either calling the customer service number listed on the warranty or the dealership you purchased it from. They’re supposed to check all functions during a pre-sale inspection but that doesn’t necessarily mean they did.

Old 11-05-2018, 05:38 PM
Wesley Bishop

Sounds like a bad actuator. Two have went out on my 2013. Driver and right sliding door. Same symptoms each time.

Old 11-05-2018, 05:39 PM
Wesley Bishop

Originally Posted by GumbyRT
It could be the actuator or it could be the wiring for the actuator.

As to whether or not it’s under warranty is a different story. Being that it’s new(ish) I think it would be, but it depends on what coverage it had on the original date of purchase.

Your best option is going to be either calling the customer service number listed on the warranty or the dealership you purchased it from. They’re supposed to check all functions during a pre-sale inspection but that doesn’t necessarily mean they did.
I agree.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Passenger Sliding Door Not Locking Remotely