Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Wiper Blade issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 10:21 PM
electravis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiper Blade issues

So just recently I have had an issue with my 2011 dodge caravan when I turn my wiper blades off they will just stop and not always return to park. I have looked all over for a definitive answer but have so far only come up with two possibility.
1. The multi function switch is faulty and needs to be replaced. About $100
2. The wiper relay is going bad. Issue with this is that its soldered on to the tipm. Rebuild $350 and up.

Currently there does not seem to be an other electrical issues with the van. Does anyone have any thoughts as to how to test and narrow down the problem before spending money on something that is not needed.

Thanks for any input.

Old 01-15-2019, 03:44 PM
RickMN
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before you do ANY repairs on glitchy electrical issues on Chrysler products, always do a battery reset to eliminate the possibility of logic lock. Disconnect both battery terminals and touch them together for several minutes. Then walk away for half hour. You want to completely drain the capacitors in the PCM. Then reconnect. If the problem goes away, it was logic lock. If it's still there, then you can grab a manual and do the tests to see if the MF switch is communicating properly.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Wiper Blade issues