Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2010 Caravan, trouble loading music from USB port

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 07:58 PM
Digger 89L
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Caravan, trouble loading music from USB port

When I got my used van, it had a hard drive full of really weird music (for an old guy like me!!) ..so I was able to figure out how to erase what was on the hard drive, but now am having trouble adding music from a USB thumb drive. My system is a Media Centre 430 RBZ. I can get to the point where I'm ready to copy the files from the USB drive (by following the very minimal instructions in the manual) ..but here's where it 'falls apart" .....all it says in the manual is: " .....then touch the DONE key to start the copy process." First of all, without reading the manual, I figured the DONE key would light up, or something, to indicate that the copying from the USB to the HDD was finished ( or DONE) ...but no, the DONE key 'starts' the copying process!!! Well ...how stupid is that?? OK ....so, I'm past that now ....but, there doesn't seem to be any indicator on the system as to when the copying IS actually finished. There are only 28 MP3 songs on the USB drive, and I've left it 'working' (I assume) for anywhere from 10 minutes up to an hour, and then stopped it by pulling out the USB drive. Sometimes I'll have 3 songs ...sometimes 8, but never all of them. So ...finally ...my question is: how do I tell when the music files are finished copying from the USB drive to the HDD?

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2010 Caravan, trouble loading music from USB port