Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 2005 Dodge GC rear blower issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 05:56 PM
Jason Blanford
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Dodge GC rear blower issues

Found out that the rear vents were getting no air flow using the front or rear controller. I removed the trim to make sure the ducting was still hooked up. Ducting was good to go. The blower motor was not spinning. I used a flat head screwdriver and was about to get it to cycle a few times under its own power. When it stopped, I tapped on the resistor and it would spin again on its own. I decided to change out the resistor and got the same results. Should I go for the blower motor? Do I have to discharge the system to switch this piece out? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Jason Blanford; 06-16-2019 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Adding attachment
Old 06-16-2019, 07:24 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

tap on the blower motor...if it starts working the blower motor brushes are worn...replace the blower motor

or check the blower motor...jumper battery power to it and grd...if it works you need to start checking for power and grd to the blower motor.

Old 06-16-2019, 10:32 PM
Jason Blanford
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by primem
tap on the blower motor...if it starts working the blower motor brushes are worn...replace the blower motor

or check the blower motor...jumper battery power to it and grd...if it works you need to start checking for power and grd to the blower motor.
I moved the thermostat on the front control up to 85. It then went to HI and the blower wheel started to spin and then stop. I went back to the wheel and tapped it with screwdriver and it moved for a few seconds then cut off. I changed the temp down to 68 and tried it again and it ran again for a few seconds and stopped again.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 2005 Dodge GC rear blower issues