Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Rear wiper & washer not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 12:20 PM
thatguy85
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Rear wiper & washer not working

Hello,

I've got at 08 caravan that I has some sort of issue with the rear wiper and washer. Wiper will not move at all, and the washer fluid will not come out either. The front washer and wipers work just fine. Things I've tried:

Checked all fuses - None were burnt out
Reset BCM/unhooked battery for an extended period of time - Nothing changed
Used multi-meter to check power output to wiper motor by sticking meter pins into plug while it's hooked into motor. - No electricity was read at all.

What could be causing BOTH the wiper motor and fluid control to stop working? Could it be the switch inside the cabin? Everything else on that stick operates normally. Additionally, the automatic door function works properly on the rear door, as well as all the lights back there so I don't think it could be a broken/cut wire somewhere between the fuse box and rear. Are there other things that I could check? Would disconnecting the plug from the motor and attempting to read with a multi meter make a difference?

Any help is appreciated I'm ripping my beard out trying to fix this damn thing.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Rear wiper & washer not working