Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Newbie Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 02:55 PM
geroller
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Newbie Help

We just purchased a 2017 SXT used. It is pretty bare bones and was made before the touch screen etc. was standard (I guess?.) I have buttons for a hands free phone feature but it doesn't seem to work with the receiver. I push the button and nothing happens. I youTubed it and I should get a prompt to set up my phone.
Does this mean, I don't have the feature or that something is wrong? I am honestly looking at an aftermarket media player with a back up camera to replace it anyway, (I would take any advice on this as well since I live in remote AK and have no one to help me install) but I just want to know if the previous owner opted out of the feature, so that is why it doesn't work or if there is something else I can do??
I am nowhere close to a dealership--Island in Alaska
Thank you in advance for your help!

Old 09-19-2019, 08:37 AM
Mopar340
Veteran
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Your van must be equipped with the Uconnect 130S unit the S stand for SirusXM capabilities this model has the Phone and VR buttons but it doesn't necessarily means that your van has the Uconnect phone option. When you press the phone receiver button a READY prompt should come over the radio speakers if nothing happens look at the radio display it should show Not Equipped With Uconnect Phone. Hope this helps.

Old 09-19-2019, 02:07 PM
geroller

Thank you for that response. When I push the button, nothing happens, I don't get any prompt whatsoever. I am thinking the original owners opted out of the Bluetooth option... I suppose there still could be a loose connection or something but my understanding is that it was an optional feature even with the 130 S-RES radio.
I looked at this site that sells stock upgrade radios... WOW, over $1200 to get the 730 n-RHB with Bluetooth plus a microphone and if I want a back up cam that is another $400.
I think I will continue to look at aftermarket options and just use them for my phone. Some seem to have a steering wheel adaptor so I could maybe still use the volume controls at least. Crutchfield, although also expensive, seem like they can maybe guide me through the process.

Old 09-20-2019, 09:17 AM
HighSierra

Check your VIN at the Chrysler VIN check site and get the build list. That will show what it was equipped with.

There is probably a sticky post with the link.

Old 09-20-2019, 11:12 AM
Mopar340
Veteran
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

I found the window sticker lookup much better it give actual vehicle window sticker that was originally posted in the window at the dealership complete with base price, option prices, delivery and taxes and total dealer price. Just put your vin and click window sticker box the window sticker will appear near the bottom of the page.

Here the link: https://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Numb...ker/Dodge.html

The following users liked this post:
HighSierra (10-01-2019)

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Newbie Help