Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Where is located the backup light switch

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 11:00 PM
Anderson de Souza
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is located the backup light switch

Hi
My lights and camera won’t work always some days are good some not.
I’m looking for the switch in my car but I don’t find where is located.
Anybody can help me send me a picture or an information about where I can find it?
My caravan is a STX model 2008.
Where I can find to buy a new one?
Thank you a lot.

Old 10-01-2019, 01:30 AM
GumbyRT
Captain
Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

Unless the info I have is wrong, the backup lamp switch is integrated into the range sensor and can’t be replaced individually.

The range sensor tells the PCM when reverse has been selected, and the PCM tells the relevant modules via the data circuit. The range sensor is inside the transmission under the valve body. The TIPM is what actually turns on the bulbs and the camera circuits are wired in parallel with the bulbs, so with a helper you can check whether or not voltage is getting to the bulbs with a meter and narrow down whether it’s a power or ground problem.

Since it’s an intermittent issue, you can also unplug the wiring harness from the transmission (disconnect negative battery cable first) and inspect the terminals for corrosion and loose connections. Clean if needed and apply a light film of dielectric grease over the female terminals before plugging it back in.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Where is located the backup light switch