Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Heater hose Y breaking

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 08:49 AM
David Allred
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater hose Y breaking

Here is the issue, my daughter has a Dodge Grand Caravan '09, 3.3L engine. she went on a trip with her kids and while going up a steep incline the heater hose Y broke, see picture. The connection towards the engine just broke right after the hose. She got a new one from Autozone and filled up the fluid. She continued on her way to visit family, about 4 hours later, she was on the freeway and the new one broke at the same place.

The big question is What is causing it to break? it has to be pressure causing it but is it a plugged radiator, water pump not working, radiator cap malfunctioning. The van did not show high temps the whole time shes had the van.

Any help or ideas would be great, she is far from me and has to use a mechanic that I hope is trustworthy.

Thanks
David

Old 10-04-2019, 09:47 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

is that a aftermarket part?. the pic I have for the heater hoses show 2 rubber hoses coming off the head...pan out with the pic so I can have a better look.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Heater hose Y breaking