Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: WooHoo... 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 12:10 PM
YodaRules
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WooHoo... 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT

New to me..... as of yesterday. Lots of give and take with salesperson but, I am now the proud owner of a 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. Coming from a dedicated SUV driver for past 10 years.... will be on this forum asking lots of questions.

Old 10-15-2019, 12:12 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

Old 10-17-2019, 10:45 AM
teets.18
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice color; I like the wheels too. How many miles are on it?

Old 10-22-2019, 10:09 AM
YodaRules

Originally Posted by *****.18
Nice color; I like the wheels too. How many miles are on it?
bought it with 54,106 miles.... dealership listed with backup camera on website and when I pointed out it didn't have one.... sales person blamed 3rd party company that adds information to their website -- not a big deal for me but, I walked out anyway. He met me in the parking lot and agreed to drop down to $16K (including taxes, tags & title transfer) out the door. I figure that was a deal....

Problem is only one key fob....no manual with car but ordered one online for $41 (waiting to come in). Wondering if the little key inside fob can start the car in the event fob goes dead.

Patsy

Old 10-22-2019, 10:47 AM
Mopar340
Veteran
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

The little key inside the fob is called the valet key it will allow you to open the drivers door to enter the vehicle and to lock the lower glove compartment it won't start the van. The fob is design with built in chip in the tip once inserted into win module it will start the vehicle and read the security code to keep the engine running within a couple of seconds. The battery is only to operate the function buttons on the fob so if the battery is dead you use the valet key to get in the van and start the engine with the fob.

Old 10-22-2019, 10:53 AM
YodaRules

Originally Posted by Mopar340
The battery is only to operate the function buttons on the fob so if the battery is dead you use the valet key to get in the van and start the engine with the fob.
That is good to know..... with a battery dead fob, can use the little emergency key, unlock the door then insert the fob (with dead battery) and still start vehicle (and apparently off to auto shop to purchase and install new fob battery). Whew.... makes me feel better... THANKS!

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: WooHoo... 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT