Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Stalling in Reverse when cold outside..

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2019, 07:49 AM
Moxie69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalling in Reverse when cold outside..

I have a 2013 Caravan Sxt with 42000 miles. When the outside temperature gets to 30 degrees or so farenheit it stalls in Reverse.
When I go to back it out of the driveway the rpms drop and it stalls out. I can put it back in park and restart it fine. All other times of the year is runs great. I'm baffled. Thanks for your assistance.

Old 12-23-2019, 10:31 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Moxie69
I have a 2013 Caravan Sxt with 42000 miles. When the outside temperature gets to 30 degrees or so farenheit it stalls in Reverse.
When I go to back it out of the driveway the rpms drop and it stalls out. I can put it back in park and restart it fine. All other times of the year is runs great. I'm baffled. Thanks for your assistance.
Hi Moxie69,
Sorry to hear you are experiencing this concern, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local Dodge dealer, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Rob
DodgeCares

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Stalling in Reverse when cold outside..