Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Engine Warning Light

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 07:57 PM
AtItAgin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Engine Warning Light

My engine warning light came on after my second tankful of Fred Meyer regular gas. I know this may be coincidental, but I decided to add 7 gal of Mobil Premium. Now 100 miles later the light is still on although it runs fine. I've tried the off/on and acc/on key dances, but there is no change to the display and no codes. I have a 2018 GC GT so I guess it has the "premium" instrument panel display. Is there any other method I can try to have the error/fault code(s) displayed? No luck with my searches so far.

Old 01-04-2020, 01:55 PM
GumbyRT
Captain
Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

Cheap code readers ($30 and under) are readily available online.

Many auto parts stores will check codes for free, but keep in mind they are trying to sell you parts, so regardless of the code(s) they find, they’re going to say it needs the related part.

Old 01-05-2020, 07:46 PM
Mopar340
Veteran
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

You can try this I've read that the GC with the premium cluster has to be in the tire pressure monitoring mode while doing the key dance in order to see codes. Just like the base cluster has to be on the outside temp mode while doing the key dance. I don't have the premium cluster not sure if it will work.

Old 01-06-2020, 05:43 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by AtItAgin
My engine warning light came on after my second tankful of Fred Meyer regular gas. I know this may be coincidental, but I decided to add 7 gal of Mobil Premium. Now 100 miles later the light is still on although it runs fine. I've tried the off/on and acc/on key dances, but there is no change to the display and no codes. I have a 2018 GC GT so I guess it has the "premium" instrument panel display. Is there any other method I can try to have the error/fault code(s) displayed? No luck with my searches so far.
Hi AtItAgin, Sorry to hear you are experiencing this concern, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local Dodge dealer, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Rob
DodgeCares

Old 01-11-2020, 05:18 PM
AtItAgin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately I have all the selections available for the "Premium Instrument Cluster" except for Tire Pressure, so I am unable to attempt the hamster dance with that method.

Fortunately the warning light did eventually go out and I am convinced it was the gas. Only top tier from now on. If my only option is a cheap gas, I'll buy plus instead of regular. Just not worth it to save 20˘/gal. Actually I did notice a slight decrease in my Patriot's performance when I used this gas. Particularly noticeable when using a manual trans and there is less power to begin with. Thanks for the responses. I'll update if anything changes.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Engine Warning Light